Mission, Vision, Principles
Mission: Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness in the Lehigh Valley.
Our Vision: We envision a community in which everyone has access to housing they can afford and the support they need to keep that housing.
Our strategic initiatives are to:
- Prevent homelessness before it occurs
- Shorten the time people spend homeless
- Provide households with access to safe, sustainable housing
- Link households to services and income opportunities
Our guiding Principles:
- Culturally relevant, person-centered services
- Progressive engagement
- Trauma Informed
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Incorporating Voices of Lived experience
Evidenced-based best practices:
- Prevention and Diversion
- Housing First
- RRH and PSH
- Adherence to Eastern PA CoC Standards
Data-informed decision making:
- A system to track and monitor demand and response
- Assessment of system data to evaluate effectiveness
- Use of system generated information to plan for future initiatives
Our Stakeholders: The composition of our membership is tailored to the unique community circumstances of the Lehigh Valley, integrating 3 urban centers, as well as substantial suburban and rural populations.